[Colliano, Salerno] Famiglia Ruggiero

Regole del forum
Se crei un nuovo argomento su un comune, metti all'inizio dell'oggetto il nome del comune tra parentesi quadrate, in modo da facilitarne l'individuazione.

[Colliano, Salerno] Famiglia Ruggiero

Messaggioda paolo47 » ven 23 nov 2007 22:24

Ciao Massimo and Forum,

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum. I am researching my Ruggiero familia in Colliano.

I have a web site Our Family Genealogy that you are invited to visit.

If I can help anyone on this forum with research in the USA, just let me know.

Grazie,
Paul
paolo47
Novizio

Messaggioda Alessio Postiglione » mar 04 dic 2007 16:21

Ciao paul,
welcome to Comuni-italiani.
In order to get info about your family u could ask to the Commune, or better to the Mayor who is in charge for keeping the birth registry.
U could write an email in English. Unfortunately not all the small Communes are equipped to deal with email in English. If you should experience any problem, let us know and we provide you a fax draft in Italian!
Ciao.

Alessio
Alessio Postiglione
Utente Junior

Messaggioda paolo47 » gio 07 feb 2008 01:17

Grazie, Alessio :-)
paolo47
Novizio

Messaggioda anesba60 » lun 11 feb 2008 04:59

Hi Paul. My name is Ana, I live in Uruguay and know the Ruggiero family who live here. But they came from Calabria. Are you sure that your family come from Colliano? What are you searching, a Ruggiero who lives today in Colliano or you are looking for a birthday document of you grate grandfather or grandfather? Have you seen the telephone directory (elenco telefonico) di Colliano? These pages are in italian, but I think taht you will not have a problem to write the last name and read the results. I studied english a lot of years ago, when I was a child, but I think you understand me. If I can help you, I'm here. I'm going to see your site.
Have a good day! Ana ;-)
anesba60
Utente Junior

Messaggioda paolo47 » lun 11 feb 2008 14:29

Hi Ana,
Thank you for the reply and your offer to help. :D The main reason I post my information on the forums is to someday find a cousin that lives in Italy or Argentina or Uruguay. I also like to help others on the forums if I can. If you or your Ruggiero friends need anything from over here, let me know.
My Ruggiero's are from Colliano, but no longer live in Colliano. I have a great aunt, Carmela Ruggiero b.1897, that married Carmine Penta in Colliano in 1923. I have written to Penta's in Colliano, but no reply. Maybe my Italian is to hard to read??
I have a lot of information on my site, so that is why I include it in my signature on the forums.

Thank you again, Ana. And your english is wonderful ;-)
Paul
paolo47
Novizio

Messaggioda anesba60 » lun 11 feb 2008 16:47

Hi Paul.
Thank you for your words and offer. I don't know how to have Luis Ruggiero to contact you !! Luis doesn't understand english. But I can tell you something about his family. Alfonso Ruggiero was born in 1863 at Fiumefreddo, Bruzio in Calabria. His parents were Luigi Ruggiero and Filomena Barone. Alfonso got married with Cristina Coscarella De Maria about 1890, and I say "about" because Luis didn't find the married document, he don't know if they got married in Uruguay or in Italy. He looked for this document for many years. This is all I can tell you about his family, all that Luis said me to tell you.
About my family. My great grandfather was born in 1848 at Casalicchio, Salerno and went to Uruguay, but tere is a special history about him. My grandfather told us that his father, Carminantonio Baglivo left Italy with two brothers, but only he went in Uruguay. Those brothers went to USA. I 've found Baglivo in USA, I've wroten two of them, only one wrote me a letter and told that his grandmother was Baglivo. I went to Italy and found family. I can tell you one thing, the day I've found Baglivo in Italy and see the land where my great grandfather was born,... produced me special feelings not easy to explain or tell: happiness, excitng,different emotions, I cried the all day... So, I wish you to contact and find your cousins !
So, if you know or there is a Baglivo who read this forum, I'm glad to contact them.
Ciao. Nice day ! :D
anesba60
Utente Junior

Messaggioda paolo47 » ven 15 feb 2008 22:49

Hi Ana, :-)
Please tell Luis that I am going to look at records from Fiumefreddo as soon as they come in.(about 4 weeks) If his Alfonso and Cristina
married in Italy, the record should be available to see. If there is no record, then we might assume they were married in Uruguay.

I also wanted to tell you that there are a lot of Baglivo's that lived in Philadelphia in 1900 to 1930. This caught my eye since I travel to Philadelphia
to research my mother's family and to visit with cousins that live there.

I will let you know what I find out from Fiumefreddo.

Paul
paolo47
Novizio

Messaggioda anesba60 » dom 17 feb 2008 03:45

ThanK you very much for all, Paul. I will see how can I find in Philadelphia.
Ciao! :)
Ana
anesba60
Utente Junior

Messaggioda paolo47 » lun 05 mag 2008 20:26

Hi Ana,

I found the marriage record for Alfonso and Cristina. Also, a marriage record for
Cristina's brother, Vincenzo.

Get in touch with me and I will send them to you.

Ciao,
Paul
paolo47
Novizio

Messaggioda anesba60 » lun 05 mag 2008 21:05

Hi Paul, I wrote you un email, I think I sent you. If I didn't, write me, OK?
Bye. Have a good time! :D
anesba60
Utente Junior

Messaggioda gmassimo » ven 26 set 2008 12:22

Ciao,

quì trovi risorse su Colliano:

http://www.colliano.com

tra cui una gallery dedicata a Colliano:
http://lnx.colliano.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=8

Ciao
Massimo
gmassimo